This weekend we did less than I had expected/hoped. I underestimated the amount of time it takes to paint a window. (First you have to scrub away the old paint and then vacuum.) Artur made amazing progress on the weeding, but as Jessica and I spent most of our time inside cleaning and painting, the courtyard is still not finished.
We will probably leave some of the weeds and just put cardboard over them and garden over them. Artur is digging a walkway, however the pavement / cobbled stone underneath doesn’t look too great at the moment.
We already had a compost outside in the main garden, however we decided to start another one in the courtyard.
A before and after of my window:
Jessica’s door and window frames:
I painted a door frame with a brush that was way too small. I also discovered that the best way to remove paint from your hands is to use dishwashing detergent and paper towels (or just wear gloves in the first place).